Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 54: AVM

I had my yearly scans for my AVM check up. As you can see from the picture above, or if you can't tell, I modeled it for you :) My AVM is connected to the base of my tongue and can't be removed, just has to be watched. It's pretty big, but thankfully my neurosurgeon was able to shrink it a little 2 years ago, so that my airway wouldn't be so constricted...too bad I don't have before the shrinking pictures to see the difference. These scans are from yesterday and I pointed out my airway and my mass. If you look on the side that doesn't have the AVM that's what a "normal" mouth/tongue area would look like. Mine is consisted of a mass of veins that go through it...in the other picture you can see the big arse "snake" vein that feeds my AVM.
All is good and I don't have to go back for 2 years now :)

1 comment:

  1. Yikes...how can you even breath with that thing in there!?

    ReplyDelete